The congregation of St. John's Lutheran Church was organized on May 21, 1923 by the late Rev. C.F.W. Hartlage. Three lots were given to the congregation on condition that a church building be erected within a year. On September 28th the cornerstone for the church was laid and on May 4, 1914, the first church building was dedicated. An addition was built to the basement of the church in 1927.
Rev. Leo Tecklenberg was installed June 30, 1929. and served St. John's for fifty years until his retirement in 1979.
The first parsonage was erected in 1930. The parish hall was erected in 1937 and is still being used by the congregation.
The congregation made plans to build a new church. On June 28, 1949, ground was broken, and the work of building the new church begun. On March 26, 1950, the completed church was dedicated to the glory of God. The type of architecture is that of the English Village Church. The stained glass windows portray scenes from the life of Christ from His birth to His ascension. The beautiful rose window over the front entrance with it picture of descending dove reminds us of the coming of the Holy Spirit. To the side of the church stands the bell-cote in which hangs the original bell from the old church.
In 1967 an educational building was added to the church. Then in 1968 a new parsonage was built and still being used today.
New history is being made each day as people come to St. John's Lutheran to worship and as we come together as a congreagation to serve our community in the name of Jesus Christ.